Submissions accepted from Thursday 29 August – Sat 21 Sept
At Gloucester History Festival we think everyone is history and history belongs to everyone. With our theme this year of Power and the People we are inviting everybody to share their little or big piece of history with us by submitting a photograph and accompanying words.
Have you got a historic photo and story that you would like to share? It could be:
- the oldest photograph you, your family, or group have
- a photograph of a rare or lost happening or activity
- a picture of you, your family or group that relates to an important moment in local, national or international history
Whatever the picture, we want to hear why what it shows is important to you.
What will happen to my picture?
By submitting an image to us we will assume you are happy for us to potentially share your image in the following ways:
- Eastgate Hangout Hub
Including your photo and story in a growing #EveryonesHistory installation of pictures and stories in our pop up History Festival space (to the right of Eastgate Market entrance).
- Facebook and Instagram
One image and story will be selected each day of the festival to be featured across all Gloucester History Festival social media accounts
- Gloucestershire Live
#EveryonesHistory is being shared and promoted through Gloucestershire Live online and pictures and stories may be featured in the Citizen and Echo weekly newspapers.
One image and story will be selected at the end of the festival by Gloucester History Festival president Janina Ramirez and as the History Festival / City Voices brochure feature for 2020.
How to share your picture and story:
- Email a jpeg of your photo (no larger than 1mb) and up to 100 words explaining why you think this photo is important to: [email protected] Please put #EveryonesHistory as the subject for your email
- Post your photo and words on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #EveryonesHistory
- Drop a paper copy of your photo and words off at the Eastgate Hangout Hub or Gloucestershire Heritage Hub
Any questions? Email City Voices Engagement Producer Jo Plimmer via: [email protected]